MUET 2018 Session 1 – Paper 1 Listening
For question 1 to 3, write your answer in NOT MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
1. Reading and telling stories to her children inspired Dr Nora Ahmad to ________________________.
2. Dr Nora Ahmad loves the Harry Potter series because the ________________________.
3. The host of the talk show likes watching the movies but he prefers ________________________.
For question 4 to 6, write your answer in NOT MORE THAN FIVE WORDS.
For question 7 and 8, circle the correct answer.
7. Once you have completed the draft of the book, you should
- edit your own work
- find a publisher yourself
- get experts to comment on your work
8. Dr Nora Ahmad thinks that the greatest challenge in writing is
- following a strict timetable
- having demanding career
- living with a difficult spouse
For question 9 and 10, choose one letter A to F from the box below to complete each sentence.
A manages mood
B stimulates visual images
C improves clarity
D helps information retention
E recalls past memories
F influences wellbeing
9. A familiar song ____.
10. Music can help us told our attention because it _____.
For question 11 to 14, circle the correct answer.
11. Music benefits Alzhemier’s patient because it
- improves test scores
- enhances the memory
- encourages better listening
12. Learning is motivated with the assistance of
- reflective music
- instrumental music
- upbeat popular music
13. In the Learning Through Journey activity,
- parents play reflective music
- teachers play the role of parents
- children describes an imaginary journey
14. According to the speaker, the activity most preferred by kinds is the
- Tie Tunes to Tasks
- Fuse Audio with Visual
- Learning Through Journey
For question 15 to 20, write your answer in NOT MORE THAN FIVE WORDS.
15. Scrapbooks may include newspaper articles, pictures and _______________________________________________________________.
16. Older people keep scrapbooks to preserve the memories of an event such as __________________________________________________________________.
17. One advantage of having boomerang kids is parents __________________________________________________________________________.
18. The Department of Innovation and Skills suggests that parents should make their children _______________________________________________________.
19. The level of spiciness of chillies depend on _____________________________________________________________________________.
20. Mild chillies grown in dry conditions will _____________________________________________________________________________.
—–End of Questions—–
- write children’s books.
- books are exciting
- reading the books
- expand background knowledge
- brainstorming / deciding age group of readers / imagining how the story develop / imagining how the characters develop
- a writing timetable
- tickets and postcards
- 20th wedding anniversary / first child’s birth / first grandchild’s birthday
- feel closer to their children / no longer feel lonely
- to do their washing / do their own ironing
- their exposure to water
- produce more seeds
—–End of Suggested Answers—–